Villa Brignole Sale Duchessa di Galliera, Genova-Voltri In the large panoramic Park (25 hectares) there are precious naturalistic elements as well as interesting historic- architectonic features: from Palazzo Brignole Sale (origins dating back to the XIV century then enlarged in the XVIII and XIX centuries) to the Santuario delle Grazie (160 metres above sea level) with the graves of the Duchess Galliera and of her family.
Villa Doria, Genova-Pegli A 115,000 sq m park behind the villa built (in the XVI century) for the wealthy banker Centurione, father-in-law of Andrea Doria. Prince Gian Andrea Doria and his descendants once lived here; now it belongs to the Town Council as do the majority of the ancient Genoese villas.
Villa Durazzo Pallavicini, Genova-Pegli It is one of the best examples of a well-kept ancient residence with park. It houses The Archeology Museum ( Museo di Archeologia Ligure) and the Botanic Gardens (dating back to 1794) Clelia Durazzo Pallavicini. The panoramic tour around the park was conceived and planned(1840/40) by Michele Canzio, stage designer at Teatro Carlo, for Marquis Ignazio Alessandro Pallavicini and it’s like a theatrical route. In spring, you can enjoy a spectacular blossom of the “Viale delle Camelie”.
Villa Rossi Martini Genova-Sestri The park (40425 sq m) all around the villa was built (in the XVII century) for the noble Lomellini family and has vegetation rich in various exotic plants. It invites the visitor to enjoy a break and, often, to stop and watch a performance.
Villa Durazzo Bombrini, Genova-Cornigliano It is a valuable and innovative example of residential architecture of the 18th century, built in 1752 in honor of the Marquis of Gabiano, Giacomo Filippo Durazzo II.
The large reception hall on the ground floor houses two important paintings of the Neapolitan painter Francesco Solimena, painted approximately in 1717.
The park of 6000 square meters has been restored and opened to the public in 2009 and each summer houses cultural events of various kinds.
Villa Imperiale Scassi, Genova-Sampierdarena The complex was built (in the XVI century) for the nobleman Vincenzo Imperiale, it still shows part of the magnificent gardens that gave it the nickname “La Bellezza”("The Beauty").
Giardino del Principe, Piazza del Principe 4 The wonderful "Italian Garden" of Palazzo Andrea Doria is characterized by the Neptune’s Fountain, it is subdivided by four big hedges and contains Mediterranean, Oriental and overseas plants and species.
Giardino di Palazzo Reale, Via Balbi 10 A spectacular balcony facing the Port and a privileged viewpoint of the splendid baroque architecture of the Palace.
Giardino di Palazzo Nicolosio Lomellino, Via Garibaldi 7 Among the most spectacular gardens in Strada Nuova, with its hanging gardens, Nimphaeum , fountains and jeux d’eau.
Giardini di Palazzo Bianco and Palazzo Tursi, Via Garibaldi 11 These wonderful Italian hanging gardens look like jewels set among the gorgeous Palaces of Strada Nuova; they always offer new perspective and make you feel new emotions. .
Villetta Di Negro, from Piazza Corvetto A green oasis (2 hectares) right in the town centre, a magnificent villa with a gorgeous view over the town, it was built in the XVIII century on the bulwark of San Giovanni ( dating back to the XVI century) it provides a splendid background for the Museo d’Arte Orientale Chiossone, built on the site where once was the Neoclassic villa of the now lost where once Neoclassic villa of Marquis Giancarlo Di Negro (XIX century).
Spianata dell’Acquasola, Viale IV Novembre The Gardens of Acquasola (2 and a half hectares) were planned by the architect Carlo Barabino(1821) on the area once covered by a Medieval bulwark connected to the XVI century walls; people usually enjoy walking and playing in these wonderful gardens.
Villa Gruber De Mari , Corso Solferino 29 The great Park (13500 sq m ) overlooking the ring road "Circonvallazione a Monte" is characterized by a neoclassic Villa which includes the tower of the original structure (dating back to the XVI century).
Villa Croce, Via Jacopo Ruffini 9 The Park on Carignano hill overlooks the ring road " Circonvallazione a Mare"; the XIX century Villa was built over a former building (XVII century) and donated to the Town Council by Andrea Croce; it houses the Museum of Contemporary Art " Museo d’arte Contemporanea".
Villa Imperiale Cattaneo at Terralba, Via S. Fruttuoso 70 A wonderful Park, showing traces of XVI century architectural features, surrounds the Villa built (at the end of the XV century) for the nobleman Lorenzo Cristoforo Cattaneo, who, in 1502, took in King of France Louis XII as a guest, it then became propriety of the Salvago family and eventually of the Town Council.
Bosco dei Frati Minori del Santuario di Nostra Signora del Monte, Salita Nuova del Monte 15 A wide woodland in the hills surrounding the southern Valbisagno, close to the ancient Marian Sanctuary (dating back to the XI century).
Parco del Castello D’Albertis, Corso Dogali 18 A wonderful and very panoramic Park surrounds the fabulous neo-Gothic Castle (dating back to the end of the XIX century) perched on the bulwark of Montegalletto(mid XVI century). The complex was built as the residence of Captain Alberto D’Albertis (1846/1932) navigator, explorer and scholar; it houses the "Museum of World Cultures ".
Villa Bombrini, Via Albaro 38 The English Park (about one hectare) lies in the heart of the district of Albaro and surrounds the Villa (dating back to the XIX century) that houses the Conservatory "Conservatorio di Musica Niccolò Paganini".
Parchi di Nervi, Genova-Nervi A magnificent "cluster" of three ancient villas with their parks connected one to another (9 hectares wide) in a natural surrounding of rare beauty.
Villa Gropallo, Via Casotti The ancient country residence of Marquis Gaetano Gropallo, today the library of Nervi, is surrounded by a wide romantic park (36215 sq m).
Villa Serra Saluzzo, Via Capolungo 3 The Villa (dating back to the XVI century), which houses The Modern Art Gallery "Galleria d’Arte Moderna", overlooks the wide park (23415 sq m ) rich in vegetation and plants.
Villa Grimaldi Fassio, Via Capolungo 9 The English Park slopes down to the sea, past the railway, to reach the amazing Garibaldi Promenade. The rose garden is superbwith many kinds of roses. The Villa houses the remarkable Museo Frugone (with exhibitions by Italian and foreign artists from the XIX and beginning of the XX century).
Villa Luxoro, Via Mafalda di Savoia 3 The park (8500 sq m ) slopes down to the cliffs of Capolungo and offers a dramatic view of rare beauty. The Villa (dating back to the beginning of the XX century) houses the Museo Giannettino Luxoro.