booking online hotels' list
(thanks to Association of Hoteliers)
Genova - Saturday, 19th and Sunday, 20th, May 2012, h. 10.00 am – 07.00 pm. Contemporary art, music, guided tours in the ancient noble palaces, called “Palazzi dei Rolli”, today inscribed in the UNESCO world heritage list...
“Rolli Days”: a guided tour in the historical centre of Genova, where modernity meets art in the noble Genoese palaces historically and traditionally destinated to host nobles and famous people visiting the city.
The Palazzi dei Rolli, with museums like Palazzo Bianco, Palazzo Rosso, Galleria di Palazzo Spinola, Palazzo Reale and some other private palaces exceptionally open for this event, will host art installations and music performances along a route which goes from Via Garibaldi until Via Balbi.
Art installations of worldwide recognized artists will surprisingly burst you into courtyards and among ancient frescoes. Among the worldwide famous artist you will find: Maria Rebecca Ballestra, Balthasar Brennenstuhl, Roberta Chioni, Olga Cirone e Matteo Musi, Michelangelo Galliani, Giorgio Gatto, Gabriella Giuriato, Dorothy Hong, Adriano Leverone, Margherita Levo Rosenberg, Michelangelo Penso, Massimo Sacchetti, Alfredo Zamorica.
In the palace of Giacomo and Pantaleo Balbi, today hosting Genoa University, professors, doctoral researchers and students will be the main characters of the guided tours and of the decorative and architectural rooms of the building and they will manage the installations of contemporary art: by the Centre for Art, Architecture, Literature of Mannerism and Baroque and by AdAC, the Archive of Contemporary Art.
Music performances will be by the Conte Brass Band, with a repertoire of wide range of sounds of jazz suggestions.
The guided tours made by the touristic guides association of Genova, will let discover you the history of the city through the public and private events of its glorious families: histories of merchants, bankers, sailors and pirates.
“Rolli Days” is an opportunity to closely know Genova its Palaces, its architectural and urban treasures, a lively urban fabric able to receive and interact with modern world.
All events are for free.
Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th, May 2012, h. 10.00 am – 07.00 pm
Free guided tours, starting from the Bookshop of Palazzo Tursi every 30 minutes.
Information: Bookshop of Palazzo Tursi Tel. +39 0102759185
ROLLI DAYS 2012 – list of the palaces:
1. PALAZZO PANTALEO SPINOLA - Via Garibaldi 2
2. PALAZZO TOBIA PALLAVICINO - Via Garibaldi 4
3. PALAZZO ANGELO GIOVANNI SPINOLA - Via Garibaldi 5
4. PALAZZO NICOLOSIO LOMELLINO - Via Garibaldi 7
5. PALAZZO GIACOMO E LAZZARO SPINOLA - Via Garibaldi 10
6. PALAZZO LUCA GRIMALDI (PALAZZO BIANCO) - Via Garibaldi 11
7. PALAZZO RIDOLFO MARIA E GIO FRANCESCO I BRIGNOLE SALE (PALAZZO ROSSO) - Via Garibaldi 18
8. PALAZZO GEROLAMO GRIMALDI (PALAZZO DELLA MERIDIANA) - Salita S. Francesco 4
9. PALAZZO FRANCESCO GRIMALDI (GALLERIA PALAZZO SPINOLA) - Piazza Pellicceria 1
10. PALAZZO STEFANO LOMELLINI (PALAZZO DORIA LAMBA) - Via Cairoli 18
11. PALAZZO GIORGIO CENTURIONE (PALAZZO DURAZZO PALLAVICINI) - Via Lomellini 8
12. PALAZZO GIACOMO E PANTALEO BALBI - Via Balbi 4
13. PALAZZO STEFANO BALBI (PALAZZO REALE) - Via Balbi 10